This information is presented as part of Landscape Nova Scotia Horticultural Trades Association's Public Service Program for Consumer Awareness. Look for the logos!
The creation of a functional, sustainable and aesthetically rewarding landscape requires a series of combined efforts. Consider the following elements during the landscape planning process to ensure the success of your landscape project.
Check the following items off your list:
- Refer to the Atlantic Landscape Membership Directory and Buyers' Guide
- Look for the Logos - Provincial Association Logos and CLT (Industry Certified)
- Ask for a Workers' Compensation Board Clearance Letter
- Ask for proof of the Contractor's Liability Insurance
- Ask for references and for a portfolio of their work
- Consider the Contractor's experience, design style and maintenance program
- Ensure your contractor follows your provincials associations' specifications
- Make certain you receive all quotes and projects terms in writing.
Landscape Nova Scotia